Ingredients to make Non veg Momo’s
• 1 cup plain Flour
• Generous pinch of Salt
• 1 tbsp Oil
• 250gms mince Chicken
• 2 medium size Onions ( Finely chopped)
• 7-8 pods of Garlic peeled and Finely chopped
• Salt and black pepper as per taste preference
• 2 chopped green chillies.
• 3 Tomatoes cooked on gas and skin removed.
• 4-5 red chillies
• Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
• Roasted jeera (or jeera powder)
• Salt to taste.
If you are a vegetarian then instead of chicken mince you can add cabbage and nutrela which should be finelly chopped. Rest the process remains the same.
For the Dough
• Combine flour with salt and 1/2 tsp oil and knead well, it should be a stiff dough.Cover and keep aside.
• Finely chop all ingredients mentioned under filling and add spices. Mix well and keep aside.
• Take small balls of dough and roll out in a thin circle, place a tbsp of chicken filling in the center.
Moisten edges with a little water and bring together, pinch to seal in momo shape. Prepare all the momos
in a similar way and keep covered.
• Heat 2-3 glasses of water in a steamer/ pressure cooker, place momos a little apart and steam for 25
• While momos are steaming lets make the chutney for it. A momo is never complete without this spicy
• Cook tomatoes on the gass top and peel of the burned skin. Put tomatoes and all chutney ingredients
listed above to blender and blend it well to make a smooth paste.
Delicious momos are all ready to be served with the spicy tangy chutney. You may also have it with mayonnaise.